Version 0.07 of the Serval software has been released! Head to the Software Page for downloading, (after you have agreed to the Disclaimer, naturally) or search for Serval on the Android Marketplace.
Release Notes :
The following features have been added since Release 0.06:
- Automatic Wi-Fi chipset detection process that tries to guess how to put you phone into
- adhoc mode. This should now work with most rooted handsets.
- New screen for displaying the progress of tasks we have to do on install.
Bugs Fixed :
The following bugs have been fixed since Release 0.06-
- 0000002: Handset auto-detection needs fixing
- 0000029: Wifi clients may drop broadcast packets
- 0000098: Preparing information sent back to project for display
- 0000127: java.lang.NullPointerException : SetupActivity.setAvailableWifiModes()
- 0000131: When operating in AP-Client modes, AP cannot be called
- 0000141: Experimental scripts may be run and crash the software (or phone) on install
- 0000145: Call to node A fails second time after call to node B on three node network
- 0000147: Adhoc edify interpreter needs rebuilding so that we can use “generic” wifi
- driver loading
- Stopped DNA from corrupting its data file and crashing which would leave the phone
- unreachable (General root cause of several other bugs).
Bugs can be viewed in more detail via our bug tracker – registration is required to access.